Altair – SimSolid
SimSolid is structural analysis software developed specifically for upfront assessment. It eliminates geometry simplification and meshing, the two most time consuming and expertise extensive tasks done in traditional FEA.
What is Altair SimSolid?
By performing structural analyses on fully featured CAD assemblies within minutes, SimSolid is the game-changing simulation technology for designers, engineers, and analysts. It eliminates geometry preparation and meshing: the two most time-consuming, expertise-extensive and error-prone tasks performed in a conventional structural simulation.
Multiple design scenarios can be simulated quickly under real-life conditions. Early CAD models, in any common format, can be used. SimSolid tolerance of imprecise geometry means that, unlike CAD-embedded simulation tools, there is no need to simplify complex geometries before analyzing designs.
SimSolid supports all typical connections (bolt/nut, bonded, welds, rivets, sliding) and analysis of linear static, modal, thermal properties, along with more complex coupled, nonlinear, transient dynamic effects. Providing the simulation power to help quicker engineering decisions, it aids development of quality products faster to beat competitors to market.
Eliminate Geometry Simplification
SimSolid’s unique technology totally eliminates geometry simplification and meshing: the two most time-consuming, expertise extensive and error-prone tasks done in traditional structural analysis.
Analyze Complex & Large Assemblies
Conceived to analyze complex parts or large assemblies not practical with traditional FEA, SimSolid excels faced with ragged contact surfaces having both gaps and overlapping geometry.
Get Results in Seconds to Minutes
SimSolid is fast, having solution times measured in seconds to minutes, typically, on a standard PC, enabling comparison between multiple design scenarios quickly and accurately.
SimSolid has the following capabilities:
- Solutions: Linear & Non-linear (Material, & Geometric Statics), Modal, Linear Transient, Frequency & Random Response, Thermal, Coupled Thermal-Stress, Inertia Relief, & Bolt Pretension.
- Materials: In-built material library of Isotropic, Elstoplastic, Rigid, & supports user-defined materials.
- Supported Connections: Auto-Connection (bonded), Manual Bonded, Sliding, Separating with Friction, Bolts, Spot & Seam Welds, & Virtual Connectors.
- Results: Contours & Animations, Displacements, Stress/Strain, Frequencies & Mode Shapes, XY Plots, Modal Participation Factors, Forces: Reaction, Contact, Bolts, & Welds, Factor of Safety, Min/Max Labels, & Bookmarking of study results.
- CAD Integration/Translators: Supports all major file formats – CATIA, NX, Solid Edge, PTC/Creo, Inventor, SolidWorks, Onshape, & other neutral file formats like STEP, IGES, Parasolid, ACIS, JT, STL.